If you own or manage a business, maintaining the positive image of your company from the perspective of both your clients and your employees is extremely important. When curating that positive image, the cleanliness of your commercial building plays a big role, and getting your commercial carpets professionally cleaned should be on the top of the list of regular cleaning tasks.
When commercial offices and stores are kept clean and neat, clients will assume that your business is run productively and efficiently. At the same time, your employees will feel more comfortable working in a clean and sanitary space, therefore increasing productivity and morale.
How do I know when to clean my commercial carpets?
Many commercial businesses operate according to the philosophy that the carpets don’t need to be cleaned unless a spill has occurred, or the carpet is clearly discolored. However, business owners and managers typically underestimate the amount of dirt and pathogens tracked in by employees and visitors every day—up to 24 pounds in a 20-day work period!
You may be unsure about how often to have your commercial carpets professionally cleaned based upon your budget and work schedule. However, there are a few other factors that should be kept in mind when scheduling professional cleaning.
Carpet style and color
There are several defining factors in your carpet that will determine just how often it should be cleaned, including color, nap, density, and pile type. Typically, carpets with higher nap and lighter color should be cleaned more often as dirt and debris buildup will be easier to spot.
Type of business
Some commercial spaces need more frequent professional carpet cleaning than others.
- Restaurants and bars should have their carpets cleaned quarterly due to frequent customer spills and grease stains.
- Retail stores should professionally clean their carpets every 3 to 6 months, depending on the store’s usual foot traffic.
- Nursing homes or medical facilities should coordinate frequent carpet cleanings with their many other cleanliness regulations.
- Schools should have their carpets cleaned generally every 3 to 6 months.
- Office buildings should take the number of employees into account as well as the weather conditions they might track in throughout the year and make a carpet cleaning schedule accordingly (most likely every 6 months to a year).
- Churches should thoroughly clean all carpet once a year but consider spot cleaning high traffic areas such as the entrance more regularly.
Most commercial spaces of similar types will have similar levels of foot traffic. However, you know your facility best, and your carpets might need to be professionally cleaned more or less often than other similar facilities based on your specific day-to-day employee and customer interaction.
Professional carpet cleaning rejuvenates a commercial space and protects employees and visitors from harmful pathogens. It’s also important to perform upkeep tasks in between cleanings. High traffic areas should be vacuumed 3 to 4 times a week. While low traffic areas can be done once a week. Additionally, stains can be taken care of by spot cleaning in between professional cleanings.
Contact RJC Enterprises today for all of your commercial cleaning needs.